Failed Love Spotlight: Christopher Hsu ’18 of the Tigertones

What songs will you be performing at Failed Love?

– Brown-Eyed Girl by Van Morrison

– I Won’t Give Up by Jason Mraz

– Bring It On Home To Me by Sam Cooke

– If by Bread

– Ain’t Too Proud To Beg by The Temptations

What inspires you to sing? 

I really value the camaraderie we have within the Tones, and the great relationships we have with one another motivate everything we do.

What does love mean to you? Are there any love songs the Tigertones particularly like to sing?

“Love is warm milk before bedtime.” – Isaac Piecuch, our music director when asked this question.

In all seriousness, for me, love means caring about someone or something 100 percent unconditionally. With all that I’ve experienced with the Tones, it’s no overstatement to say that I love these guys with all my heart.

I Won’t Give Up is an easy favorite for many of us. Not only does it have a beautiful message, but it also brings out our best sound.

Have any of you experienced heartbreak or failed love? Any advice for those who might be in that position now?

Yes, we’ve all experienced failed relationships, which is just a natural part of growing up. My only advice is that, even when love seems lost, keep showing love to all those around you, and things will turn out better in no time.